Oct. 2013 – Present
The Washington Post
Senior Art Director, The Lily
June 2017 – Present • TheLily.com
• Work closely with creative director to develop and
expand The Lily’s brand and style.
• Create and commission editorial illustrations for stories across platform.
• Co-run The Lily’s Instagram account and strategize social content across platforms.
• Conceptualize, pitch and execute recurring features and projects,
such as Instagram stories, The Lily's travel series, #31Days31Firsts, etc.
Senior Designer, Emerging News Products
October 2014 – June 2017
• Designed 12-15 stories daily across platforms
• Design lead on Facebook instant articles,
podcast branding and special projects.
• Designed and commissioned conceptual editorial iillustration
for stories across platform.
• Conceptualized the look of standing features and special sections.
December 2013 – October 2014
• Conceptualized and executed clever cover concepts 2-3 days per week.
• Worked collaboratively with several editors and designers daily.
• Designed and produced several daily pages for Express, including special projects.
Aug. 2011 – Nov. 2013
April 2013 – November 2013
• Designed several daily features sections for the Phoenix Design Studio.
• Conceptualized and created centerpieces for Health, Travel,
Things To Do and Movie Preview sections for the Arizona Republic.
Part-time Tablet Designer
February 2013 – November 2013
Designed conceptual iPad articles on a variety of subjects for AZ Magazine.
August 2011 – April 2013
• Co-produced the AZCentral Sports section on a daily basis.
• Worked closely with content editors and the Lead Sports Designer
on preview sections, including football and baseball previews.
• Art directed and designed the 2012 and 2013
Cactus League Spring Training Guide.
• Converted 2013 Cactus League Spring Training Guide print package
into the first stand alone Sports iPad App.
Bachelor of Science in Visual Communication
Informational Graphics and Publication Design
with a Specialization in Magazine Journalism